Here we are, the final week of the regular season. Time really flies when you’re having fun.
Still a lot to be decided, a football fans dream scenario.
- Cleveland @ Pittsburgh: Two non-playoff AFC North teams. So give me the home team in a defensive struggle. PITTSBURGH WINS
- Washington @ New York Giants: The Skins won the East last season, and the Giants miss the playoffs yet again. Give me New York to end their season better than it started. NEW YORK WINS
- Baltimore @ Cincinnati: The Bengals are already in, the Ravens are on the fringe. This is going to be a very good game, but I think the defending champs find a way. BALTIMORE WINS
- Houston @ Tennessee: One of the few games that hold no playoff implications. The Titans had a pretty good season, but fell off at the end. Let’s just say the Texans finish the season on a 14 game slide and go from there. TENNESSEE WINS
- Jacksonville @ Indianapolis: The Colts can improve their seeding, and the Jags have been very good in the 2nd half of the season. But Indy needs to head into the playoffs feeling good after a sub-par 2nd half, so I think they respond in the season finale. INDY WINS
- New York Jets @ Miami: The Jets are done, the Fins still have a shot. I can see New York playing spoiler, and I can see the Dolphins not knocking themselves out. I’ll go with the northern inconsistent team in this one. NEW YORK WINS
- Detroit @ Minnesota: The Lions continue to falter in big games, and now they could end up out of the playoffs. I think the Vikings good 2nd half of the year ends on a high note. MINNESOTA WINS
- Carolina @ Atlanta: A Panthers win wraps up a 1st round bye and the Southern division. The Falcons are looking to end a very disappointing season. Give me the Panthers. CAROLINA WINS
- Tampa Bay @ New Orleans: The Bucs played well following an 0-8 start. But the Saints don’t lose at home, and they need this to ensure their spot in the playoffs. Drew Brees and the Superdome faithful get it done. NEW ORLEANS WINS
- Buffalo @ New England: All pats. That is all. NEW ENGLAND WINS
- St Louis @ Seattle: The division and number 1 seed isn’t locked up for the Seahawks. The Rams defense has been very good all year, and I expect them to make things hard on the Hawks, but I think the run to the Superbowl goes through the rain. SEATTLE WINS
- Green Bay @ Chicago: The Packers losing Aaron Rodgers derailed their season, and the Bears found a way to take advantage, despite their porous defense and rotating QB. Give me the home team. CHICAGO WINS
- San Francisco @ Arizona: This is a big game for both teams. The 49ers have a shot at the 1st round bye, the Cardinals are looking for a wild card spot. Arizona has been a surprise all year, but can they win this big game? It helps that it’s home. But give me the road team. SAN FRANCISCO WINS
- Denver @ Oakland: This is a crazy game to have in the final week of the season. A win secures the number 1 seed for the Broncos, while the Raiders are just finishing out the season. I can’t see the Raiders playing spoiler. DENVER WINS
- Kansas City @ San Diego:
Sunday Night Football
- Philadelphia @ Dallas: It’s a win and in, lose and out for the NFC East foes. The Eagles are healthier, as the Cowboys lost starter Tony Romo in their win last week. And for that reason, give me Philly to take the division. PHILADELPHIA WINS
Enjoy the first week of the playoffs!